Tuesday, December 6, 2011

They Do Come in Threes!

The week of Thanksgiving was a banner one for this here blogger:

1. Michigan (University of) beat the Ohio State University for the first time since I've had a decent paying job.

2. On the 22nd, I shot my first buck (a seven-pointer) in 19 years.

















That's Dad on the left. He's been hunting since 1951 or 52 (he can't remember).

3. On the 20th, I was offered the Conservation Agriculture (CA) position with Concern Worldwide!

Yes, Kelvin ... there is a Santa Claus. I'll be heading back to Mongu, Zambia (my home for the next two years) in January to take on the coordinator role for CA in Western. Excited; it will be a big challenge, but it's exactly what I've been working towards for the better part of seven years.

More later; Internet access here in Upper Michigan is inversely proportional to the number of standing spruce trees, and I have numerous emails to send.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carl! Great news. Sounds perfect for you. Keep the blog posts coming.

    CeCe and I are back in Madison and she successfully presented her China work yesterday. So we have a week to catch up with friends and do some networking and internet job searching before heading back East next week.... Hopefully we'll have similar job news to yours at some point.

    M

    ReplyDelete