Monday, October 10, 2011

The Good Life

I recently received this SMS from another Peace Corps Response volunteer out in Eastern Zambia:

It's my 7th straight day in the bush, and we have 8 hours of bush travel ahead of us, and then two more days. I've eaten nothing but maize and greasy chicken, and I can't remember the last time I slept through the night. This is *not* glamorous; it is physically and mentally taxing to the brink of insanity.

Keep this in mind before asking a volunteer about their 'adventures' overseas.

1 comment:

  1. Carl-

    I love it when people ask "What was your favorite part of...." As if there was one thing and it's easy to explain your favorite part of Zambia.

    Although we've been hanging out with a bunch of PCV's here in China. They have it better than we do in Weining. And far better than your friend. They've got three bedroom apartments, vacations, coffee shops, wi-fi etc.

    ReplyDelete