Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Worth a Thousand Words Some other Time

I wish Celtel, I mean Zain, I mean Airtel would get it's act together. Things seem to work right, texts / calls are cheap, network is solid, etc. And then they take it apart and start over. That John Lennon song keeps running through my head for so much of what happens in Zambia.

Speaking of YouTube, it's ironic that I can't get it here (the satellite connection is not quite that fast). Why ironic? YouTube is how I listened to Zambian music while in Wisconsin, particularly the classics like PK Chishala, Paul Ngozi, the Mulemena Boys, and the Glorious Band (yes, that's really their name, and yes, they are Glorious). Even if some misanthropic part of me was longing for bus rides, I could find the Mt. Sinai Choir and blare it out to the world (within my office). Now, I have to bomb around Lusaka to find these guys. Oh well.

Pictures, pictures, pictures. How do I get this benighted thing to work?? Maybe I'll post them to Panaramio, they don't seem to care how much I put up, but with all the various online processes I have running they don't seem to want to go up right now. Doop-de-doo, former computer engineer befuddled by technology, dum-de-dum. In the meantime, I can study siLozi.

No comments:

Post a Comment